September 21, 2013

Finally finished all the transfers..... ready to start???

 
Alas! After a couple of weekends of dedicated work, I have finally transferred all our former postings in Yahoo Blog onto the "new home". It took me a lot longer than expected, because I had deleted my account in Youtube. So had to identify and reload each video again from the database in my computer .... It sure was tiring, but also gave me a good review of the past.

Unfortunately, I am unable to copy guests' comments onto the new postings, but reading them again during this exercise did bring back a lot of warm memories. For this, I must thank all blogger friends for your contribution in making part of our history.

Overall, the deepest impression from this exercise is telling me how time flies -- it had bought back a lot of good memories, of the happy moments together, Kitty's and Goldie's mischievous acts, as well as their talents and tolerances (with my fooling around !!).

The saddest part of this exercise to accept the fact that we cannot rewind the clock. What had happened could only be part of history. My heart tanked in seeing how Kitty, because of her age, had lost part of her mobility. She will never be able to perform her tricks in full again although I'm sure, in her mind, she knows how it works.
 
So please treasure the time with all you care and love. Capture the moments in videos if you can, for they do speak alot more effectively than words or pictures.
 
As shown in the title, I'm not sure when I will resume regular monthly postings of the blog. Its because Kitty is presently suffering from a bad ulcer infection in her mouth - her cheek, gum and tongue are all being affected. Presently, we are feeding her with the syringe, as she could not eat on her own. The pain is affecting her appetite and salivia is dripping from her mouth. It sure is very painful.
 
Fortunately, we have very caring and loving helpers at home. Auntie Z is very proficient in feeding Kitty, giving her the red bean massage and other daily care. Auntie R is making very good progress in taking care of Kitty. Hence they do provide me with some comfort that Kitty is in good hands while I'm busy at work. We hope that with the grace of God, all the family love and care, Kitty's determination, care of the vet, and valubale advise from my friends Rita and Mina,  Kitty could recover steadily.
 
LHS - Tai Tai; Middle - Kitty; RHS - Goldie
Their first photo and recent photo
 
 
 
For bloggers who would like to stay in touch with us, please feel free to register in the Follower section, or leave me with your latest blog address for my regular visits. Thank you!
 

18 comments:

  1. Here I come. Hope Kitty would recover gradually, she's so far done such a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome. Nice to hear from you. Thank u for your good wishes.

    The good thing about Kitty's current situation is that her kidney condition is stable, though she had lost quite a bit of weight, weighing only 2.35kg.

    Vet believes that this time the ulcers are largely confined to mouth infection. Though not much could be done on the western medical side, we are giving her other health supplements with hope to boost her immune system and hence recovery. Once we achieve good news progress, I will share this information, as mouth ulcers are common to kidney problem sufferers as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily, Calbee's body weight has been steady. I weigh him once a week, he keeps at the range of 4.48 - 4.64 kg in the last 3 months. Thanks for your generous share of information and knowledge.
      Don't give 蟲草(好燥, not good for month ulcers), but靈芝

      Delete
  3. are you still visiting DR. T+N?
    if yes
    i'm sure they'll cure kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your confidence. Yes, T is taking care of her.... She is very skinny now.... very worrying.

      Delete
  4. Welcome. Hope we have not diappointed u. We are still trying to improve on the display. Hope U'll continue to visit us regularly. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome. Thank u for the very useful information in your blog. Will visit your blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just knew from 1128's blog that Kitty has gone yesterday. She's got such a great 19-year life with lots of love from you and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, its true, but I'm not ready with the posting yet. Thanks for your care. Will be in touch with u after I settle down.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 雖然不捨, 但想到Kitty已是彩虹橋上的天使, 不再受病痛之苦, 便稍為釋然,
    您們保重啊!

    ReplyDelete